I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Maggie from Fiction’s Mistress – she loves Game of Thrones and reviews films too!
The Liebster award is a virtual hug from someone enjoying your blog. From what I’ve read, the award was originally made to recognise and welcome new blogs.
The award comes with the following rules:
- Acknowledge and thank the blog that nominated you. Make sure to link back to them to show your appreciation and display the award on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives to you.
- Give 11 random fun facts about yourself.
- Nominate some blogs with fewer than 200 followers
- Let those bloggers know that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Maggie
How and why did you get into blogging?
I got into blogging as soon as I completed my degree as a way to make myself read at least one book a week.
If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be and why?
Umm, probably Tonks from Harry Potter. I can’t think of anyone else I’d want to swap with at the moment.
Batman or Superman?
Batman! But I was obsessed with Smallville a few years ago.
Favourite Disney movie and why?
I loved Beauty and the Beast because of the amazing songs, the banter between Lumiere and Cogsworth, and because of Belle. I also loved Aladdin because of Genie and Abu! (I wish I had a magic carpet).
Favourite film score?
‘Time’ by Hans Zimmer.
If you could bring any fictional character back from the dead, who would you bring back and why?
Sirius Black from Harry Potter because his death destroyed my life.
Vampires or werewolves
Can I pick hybrids? (I miss The Originals).
If you could, which fictional world would you travel to?
The Potterverse, if I was a witch. If I weren’t a witch, I’d probably go for the Discworld.
What do you do in your spare time?
Currently, I spend my spare time playing PokemonGo, reading, Netflix and more Pokemon (on my 3DS this time).
What 2016 summer flick are you most excited to see?
It’s a draw between Finding Dory and Suicide Squad!
11 random fun facts
- I have moved houses around England 13 times. I’ve lived in both north and south of England and my accent sometimes reflects the moves.
- I have a shiny Charizard and Umbreon (both lv 100).
- My all time favourite song is The Fray – ‘Look After You’ because of sentimental reasons.
- I wrote a 250-page novel when I was 15; it was stored on my computer, and I accidentally deleted it! (It was rubbish anyway).
- I can only write poetry when I’m horribly sad. I’m not very creative when I’m happy haha.
- I make handmade metal bookmarks and sell them on Etsy.
- I did over 300 hours of volunteer work while studying for my final year of uni.
- I have a cat called Charlie. We were having a hard time picking a name for him; it was between Oliver, Prince and Romeo. Then Good Luck Charlie came on TV and my little sister said we should name him Charlie. I like to think he’s named after Charlie Sheen or cocaine because he’s insanely sloppy and weird (but I love him).
- I studied Italian for a year at uni with my English Language and Literature course. (And I’ve forgotten most of it!).
- My primary school teachers wouldn’t let me move onto the ‘free reader’ level in English even though I was reading Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events in my own time (and understanding everything I read!). They finally let me move onto it near the end of year six, by which time I was reading Dan Brown.
- I can read Arabic but I can’t understand it, and I know a little (tiny) bit of Greek. I love learning languages, so I’ll probably get started on another language at some point this year!
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award
The lovely Isabella at The Book Pandas because anyone who loves pandas is automatically part of the panda clan and deserves a shout out. Panda Panda Panda…
The orangutan (Lol!) at The Orangutan Librarian because of the Terry Pratchett reference and because the book reviews are rated out of bananas!
Karen at Thoughtful Adventures Blog plans to write thoughtful nuggets sprouting from the topics she reads about in books. She has a refreshing take on book blogging, and I wish her all the best!
Nalisha at The Mauve Mind isn’t new to blogging, but she deserves recognition for her beautiful haikus and acrostics.
Not a book blog but hilarious, relatable and did I mention hilarious? Chuck Does Things is awesome, and the posts give me life.
Here are your questions!
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which book would you pick??
- What’s the best gift someone can give to you?
- Which book is closest to you right now?
- Where do you usually find inspiration for your blog posts?
- If you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking of starting up a blog, what would it be?
- What is your talent/skill?
- Pick one word that best describes you.
- Choose a quote from a book that best describes how you feel right now.
- Are you on any social media platforms? (Share)
- If you could only write about one topic for a month, what would it be?
- What do you like the most about blogging?